Men's Restroom Chronicles

     I feel like the men’s bathroom will be gross, but at the same time, I realize that I have this preconceived notion partially because of stereotypes. Dorms that are all men and no women are typically depicted as being messy or gross, but thinking back, I’ve not really been in many spaces like that. However, I’m from a household of six women and three men, and can certainly verify that the bathroom my dad and brother use is not as clean as the one I share with my sisters. I don’t expect this to be horrendous though, mostly because it’s a bathroom on a college campus in an academic building; there’s some standard of cleanliness here. 

    Firstly, it was bland. I knew that it (probably, probably) wasn’t going to be dirty because we have janitors, but it was basically the same as the women’s room, maybe even a bit cleaner. The floor was blue rather than beige, and there were two urinals and one stall. I feel like there's always a lot of random toilet paper bits on the women’s room floor, but there wasn’t much of that in the men’s room. Is there also a drain in the middle of the women’s bathroom floor? There probably is, but it’s more unnerving to see it on the men’s floor. Weird. My expectations were more or less met, I suppose. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lady with the Dog-Anton Chekhov

Sex Without Love-Sharon Olds

Death of a Salesman-Arthur Miller